It’s normal to have a lot of questions when choosing a home care agency, after all, you want to be sure you get the right one for your loved one. Here are some questions to consider when selecting an Ottawa home care provider:
- What services do you provide?
- Do I need a referral from my doctor?
- How long will I wait between my initial request for service and the first home visit?
- Is there a minimum charge?
- Will my private insurance cover the cost of your service?
- Are you an accredited health care service?
- Are your caregivers trained? What levels of education or experience do they have?
- Are your health care providers insured?
- Are there nurses with specialized training available?
- Will a caregiver be permanently assigned to me, or will there be a new caregiver each time?
- Can your caregivers be called in on short notice? Is there an extra charge?
- Can you provide your services on holidays or after normal business hours?
- Who should I call in case of emergency, even after-hours?
5 Key Things to Know:
One day they’re doing what they always do and suddenly a fall turns into hospitalization and life is upside down. You want to get back to how things used to be as soon as possible and that can lead to rushing the choice of a home care provider for a loved one. Here are 5 critical things to choosing home care:
1: Canadian health care is pretty good, but there are a lot of things it doesn’t cover. There are not a lot of subsidies for home care. Home Care Ottawa has financing options to lower the cost of providing the best care for your loved one.
2: Your loved one might not want help even if they need it. Home Care Ottawa’s well-trained staff are experts at helping your loved one transition into accepting the help they need without sacrificing independence and privacy.
3. Many home care companies do not have nurses on staff. That’s not the case with Home Care Ottawa. Our team of caregivers is made of Registered Nurses, Registered Practical Nurses, Foot Care Nurses, Personal Support Workers, and Sitters to meet your loved one’s care needs. We are dedicated to ensuring you have the right team of caregivers at a price you can afford.
4. Private caregivers found on sites like Kijiji or Craigslist often have poor credentials and may even be criminals looking to abuse your loved ones while making a quick buck. With Home Care Ottawa, you don’t have to worry that your loved one is being mistreated. Our certified caregivers are passionate, attentive, and responsive to your loved ones needs. Their safety and comfort are our top priority.
5. You shouldn’t have to take out a second mortgage to provide quality care for your loved one. At Home Care Ottawa we will help you run the numbers to give your loved one the care they deserve without emptying your wallet.
Call us today at (613) 319-0810 to ask how we can help your loved one live life to the fullest.
Home Care Ottawa offers a wide range of In-Home Health Care Services in Ottawa. We serve people of all ages and with all types of health care needs. Our company is Fully Accredited and all our services are overseen by experienced Nurse Case Managers.
Whether you would like someone to clean your house, or you require 24/7 critical care, we will tailor our home care services for your needs, preferences & budget! Contact us today at (613) 319-0810 or at email@example.com for a Free Nurse Consultation!